Friday, July 5, 2013

peace


A good friend caught the Stockholm sky
in a camera that lingered for evening clouds.
                                                                              This darkening holds
a splendid silent music and is wordless.
I know she's there. I think I see her
                                                                off to the side,
covered in black feathers of shadows.

Beyond, Stockholm goes strange to vista and I breathe.

How did she know the ungraspable clouds 
above the presence of a spellbound city
would open for me a new space of poise 
                                                                      and suspense?

My friend is unable to take mundane photographs.  

She'll go on to other cities of age and literature.
I'm stealing this peace as a prize for my dreams.  


No comments:

Post a Comment