Saturday, June 23, 2012

Janet Snell -- artist

In the past, I was given permission to paste some images of Janet's paintings on my blog. So I'll assume it's still okay to do so.

Here's one of her works from the Scattered Light webpage:




Flotation is Groovy


There's a lot going on in this image. Levels of stuff. But for me to clog it up with my words would be irksome. It speaks for itself. I'll limit myself to this: the way that frog-like apparition appears above the seated figure reminds me of Mayan art; also the silent-macabre of comic book artist Mike Mignola.


It can be purchased as a print from Red Bubble.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful observations, Tim! Janet will be so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cheryl! I really like this piece of art.

    ReplyDelete