Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I was going through...


...all my classical music CDs. I was wondering if I could pick out my favorite piece of music.

I'm still trying to come to terms with my selection.

As much as Beethoven, Schubert, and Brahms mean to me, as much as Chopin, Mahler, and Debussy possess me, as much as...well...you get the picture.

Unexpectedly (and at least during this particular episode of nowness), I'm unable to fend off the allure and mesmerism of Sibelius's Violin Concerto in D minor. There's just something about it and me. Something unconscious and elusive in me is sympathetic to whatever it is this concerto is doing and meaning.

I wonder how I will feel about this spiritual decision a year from now?

Why should anyone care about this? Beats me.



No comments:

Post a Comment