Tuesday, June 18, 2013

While it rained yesterday afternoon...


...I listened to my CD of Bruckner's Symphony No. 7, Kurt Eichhorn conducting the Bruckner Orchester Linz. I listen to it when I want to get my Bruckner freak on:


vast empty cathedral, silent eccentric caretaker moving in shadows along the wall;

Bavarian mountains breathing fog;

old river floating through a valley;

neurotic composer-ghost brushing against me, whispering of the lass afar who walks through evening flower colors;

sun-touched cloudscape a-massing, then a rain of forgotten things;

death wish interjecting, pushed back, disappearing;

another large aspect -- Apotheosis of Substance;

now forest trees standing mysteriously;

village filled with time echoing a child's murmurs;

final swell of nothing else but music being music.



Other listeners will have different visions or none -- "seeing" the symphony in structural terms of development and harmonic transition.

Here's Guilini and the VPO:







No comments:

Post a Comment