Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Occasionally, I entertain...


...the almost serious thought of buying an Old West doctor's satchel. I would dump out the frightening instruments and stuff it with socks, underwear, a change of clothes, and a toothbrush. I would take a bus to New York City. I would walk around the city and engage all kinds of people in impromptu conversations. I would look at stuff. I would try to look like a city person so I wouldn't get arrested. I would then return to Arkansas and put my New York adventures into poems. Those poems would be thoroughly bizarre. Not because New York is bizarre per se, but because the whole experience would be surreal in my head. At my age, getting lost in the Strange becomes increasingly important for some reason.



No comments:

Post a Comment