Monday, December 31, 2012

my dripping brain?


That sounds grisly and grotesque. Certainly not dignified. It sure took a long time for me to realize that.


Further...

how preposterous for me to be writing stuff here. I'm not a published (paid) poet or literary critic or freaking philosopher. A blog should be presented and written by someone with credentials and someone of accomplishment. I'm neither of those things.

How embarrassing to come to my senses at such a late date! How wincing all the unqualified blathering I've done on this blog. A "civilian" like me should look askance at his compulsion to express himself publicly. Should scrunch up his eyebrows and frown at such uncalled-for, dilettantish inclination.

I'll continue to post links to articles and to music on YouTube that affect me. That should do no great harm to public propriety. And I'll do so with as little commentary as possible. Otherwise would be pretentious.

1 comment:

  1. The rocky ledge runs far into the sea,
    And on its outer point, some miles away,
    The Lighthouse lifts its massive masonry,
    A pillar of fire by night, of cloud by day.

    --Longfellow.

    Yes, your writing is a lighthouse to me, in my emotionally crippled state.

    ReplyDelete