Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Natalia Osipova



I don't know much about ballet. I know I like to watch it. I like to think I have an instinctive knack for recognizing quality when I see, hear, or read it. At least it makes me feel good to think that.

Although I'm ignorant about the technical things an expert would notice, Natalia Osipova strikes me as a phenomenal talent. To me, her dancing seems graceful, dynamic, expressive. Her physical strength is amazing.

The wonder of human presence is implicit for me in her performance of kinetic, gestural art.

I read where she is no longer with the Bolshoi Ballet. She is now with the Mikhailovsky Theater in St. Petersburg.

1 comment:

  1. I attended only a few dance performances in Moscow--never at the Bolshoi, but the quality. The quality. Talk about Tiger Mothers!! My own progeny enjoy the fact that I am NOT a Tiger Mother, but they do appreciate being half-Russian whenever they see Russian gymnasts or ice dancers perform. It's all in the arms......................sigh.

    ReplyDelete